Fuel Cell Development Engineer
AVL is the world’s largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
AVL Software and Functions GmbH is the center of competence for Powertrain Software- and Function Development, as well as Electronics and Systems integration. Our fields of activity include highly innovative projects in the area of Combustion Engines, E-Mobility and ADAS / AD. Our vision “Why not – move different!” is challenging us to develop solutions for the future of mobility.
– Definition and development of functional design and layout of fuel cell systems
– 0/1D process simulations for the development of process flow sheets
– Support design integration of fuel cell specific components
– Support of Fuel Cell customer and R&D projects
– Communication with AVL affiliates, AVL Skill Teams, customers and suppliers
– Continuous maintenance and update of the component documentation in the AVL Systems: PDM, CRETA, Integrity, ICAE, AVL Powertrain Data base (metadata, CAD-data and other related documentation) and into a customer system if required within the project.
– Support of the work of lead engineers and project manager specialized during project execution
– Support of the creation of documentation for trainings, knowledge management, patents etc.
– Knowledge of Automotive SPICE and ISO26262 is an asset but not necessary
– Master of Mechanical Engineer, Physics, Electrical Engineer, Process Engineer, Energy Engineer or similar
– Min. 3 years of experience in Fuel Cell development (PEM, SOFC or SOEC preferred) is required
– Experience with CAE tools such as: MATLAB/Simulink, Cruise M, CAMEO, or Concerto is desired
– Experience and practice in all common MS Office applications
– Experience in intercultural environment, excellent communication, presentation and teamwork skills
– Fluent written and spoken English language
– Personality is more than anything else!
– International and innovative collaboration rings a bell? That’s how we work
– Our technical and personal onboarding concept will help you to hop on easily
– Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, life insurance, gym reimbursement)
– Trainings and development programs
– Free English and German language courses
– Working in a friendly and multinational environment
– Flexible working hours